This Club is a section of the UK AJS & Matchless Owners Club Ltd.
The Australian section was started as a loose association of Australian members of the AJS & Matchless Owners Club (UK) that was founded in 1952.
In 1980 a Newcastle (NSW) member initiated the inaugural Downunder Jampot Rally which over the years has developed into a National Club Rally attracting entrants from overseas. It is preferable that members from a different state host the event each year. The Australian membership established itself formally as an incorporated association in 2003.
- AGM at National Rally.
- Local groups as organised.
- Melbourne group meets the first Wednesday of the month at the Oakleigh Bowling Club.
- National AJS & MOC (Australia) Downunder Jampot Rally.
- Victorian Alpine Ride.
- Rides and exhibitions as organised locally.
- Local groups to organise.
- To participate in the activities of other local Historic Vehicle Clubs.
- Information Officer.
- Technical Assistance.
- Official web site and links to other clubs.
- Table of restoration service providers.
The UK Club provides the following:
- Monthly journal.
- New spares scheme.
III. Machine dating service.
- Technical advice.
- Members’ web site.
Membership of the Australian AJS & Matchless Owners section is free but open only to financial members of the UK AJS & Matchless Owners Club Ltd.